Position title : Procurement Manager
Location of the station: Pendjari National Park Operational Base
Direct supervisor : Field Operations Manager
Type of contract : Full time
Closing date : 07 October, 2019
ABOUT AFRICAN PARKS
African Parks is a non-profit organization that takes on total responsibility for the rehabilitation and long-term management of national parks in partnership with governments and local communities. African Parks, Benin is seeking for the Pendjari National Park a full-time Procurement Manager to be based at the Operations Base, Pendjari. This position is an exciting opportunity to work with a unique conservation organization, dedicated to protecting Africa’s wildlife and remaining wild places.
African Parks, Benin is looking for a highly organized, self-motivated and personable individual to coordinate and carry out tasks to help fulfill a dynamic set of procurement objectives for the Pendjari National Park. This is a special opportunity to work with an organization that is carrying out some of the most impactful conservation work across Africa. We are looking for a passionate individual to support our dynamic and innovative Operations team and the work we are carrying out to help secure the future of wildlife and the people living around protected areas.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION
The Procurement Manager is responsible for ensuring that all procurement foreseen in the business plan is purchased following APN procedures in the times foreseen and ensuring that all of the associated supply chain logistics are set up and employed. In direct collaboration with Administration and Finance department, he/she will implement the procurement of supplies and services; arrange clearance and forwarding of incoming supplies, storage and monitoring set up. Duties and responsibilities will include the following:
• Execute all local and international procurements following APN’s Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), while matching donor requirements
• Manage the procurement database
• Execute all importation and custom procedures
• Develop and update procurement plans including costing, scheduling and applicable procurement methods for Project Manager approval and internal follow up of procurement and contracting activities
• Review specifications and terms of reference to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with quality standards.
• Ensure proper tendering and bidding procedures when needed.
• Solicit and evaluate tenders to ensure overall competitiveness, quality and conformity to specified requirements.
• Coordinate timely delivery of goods and services.
• Oversee correct in handling/ out handling, storage and inventory procedures. Maintain inventories of raw materials, parts, and supplies and maintains records
• Supervise all aspects related to the importation of goods and supplies through the designated customs clearance agency, and follow-up on documentation to facilitate timely customs clearance of supplies in line with established protocol
• Monitor suppliers’ performance with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods and services.
• Develop and implement tools required to achieve the above objectives.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about conservation and wants to be part of a growing, dynamic team who are responsible for the outward face of African Parks. Ideally this person sees this position as an extraordinary opportunity to help save wildlife and wild places across the continent through being involved in exciting but demanding procurements activities. Ideally the candidate has the following or comparable qualifications:
• minimum 3-year university degree related to the requirements of this position
• Demonstrable experience in large scale procurement and logistics operations fulfilling a similar position
• Experience in procurement and stock management procedures
• Good ability to locate the best products in terms of quality/price (and to justify why)
• Good computer skills, including database management. Previous experience in inflow or similar software
• Demonstrable ability to mentor staff at all levels
• Good leadership and people management skills
• Strong personal integrity and dependability
• Strong willingness to live in rural areas and experience living in a remote setting
• Fluent English and French (written and spoken)
HOW TO APPLY?
Please submit your application file in a single PDF format, including CV, copy of degrees, proof of similar past work experience and cover letter explaining why you are a suitable candidate, along with three references to [email protected]
, with subject heading: “Procurement Manager Position_LAST NAME”.
No phone calls please