Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security and livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. In the year 2018 alone, our work in Nigeria reached approximately 3.5 million people. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria programme is supported by DFID, ECHO, GAC, OFDA, SDC, UNICEF, EU, USAID, AFD, French Ministry of Foreign affairs, SIDA and UNOCHA NHF. The total budget amounted to approximately 54 million USD in 2018. The country team comprises of over 600 staff. Other than the coordination office in Abuja, there are three state offices in Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
Under the supervision of the Area Coordinator, you are in charge of the proper implementation and completion of a set of complex Projects implemented over several geographical location throughout all its different phases as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination and contractual requirements.
More precisely, you will be in charge of:
- Ensuring efficient, effective, quality and timely implementation of the entire projects
- Managing and developing the projects team
- Maintaining comprehensive records and reporting in a timely manner
- Assisting in wider organizational development through learning and proposal
- Managing external relations related to the project(s)
Why to join us ?
The project is funded by DFID for 3 years, as Senior Project Manager you will lead interesting activities with support of 5 managers and a team of 50 plus staff in the 3 Local Government Areas of Yobe State. If you are motivated and innovative, this job is for you !
Expériences / Formation
You hold a master degree in project management, social sciences, health and nutrition and/or development.
You have an experience in project cycle management at a senior level for at least 4 years in an international NGO.
You have excellent management, organizational, motivational and leadership skills.
You demonstrate experiences in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming. You are familiar with ECHO, EU, OFA and DfiD reporting and regulations and you have an experience in managing at least medium teams.
You have experience in multisector emergency responses and sector coordination and you have agood knowledge of the humanitarian architecture and transformative agenda. You are flexible, creative and innovative.
Length of contract: 24 months, starting as soon as possible
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from 2200€ to 2525€ upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 210€ + 329€ (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + 450€ monthly as country allowance
- + Child allowance
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Opportunity of coaching or mentorship.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
To apply, please visit our website: https://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/fr/offre/4622