Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to provide immediate humanitarian relief in order to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide. We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 6,000 staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 420 projects a year reaching over 20.7 million beneficiaries.
You will be in charge of
ACTED HQ | Transparency, Compliance and Investigation department
In ACTED HQ, more than 80 staff are dedicated to the operational support of projects implemented in our countries of intervention. ACTED adopts a zero tolerance approach towards corruption, terrorism and money laundering and is committed to respecting the highest standards in terms of efficiency, responsibility and transparency in its activities. To this end, ACTED’s Anti-fraud, Bribery and Corruption Policy and procedures:
· Encourages prevention;
· Promotes detection;
· Sets out a clear investigation procedure;
· Sets out a mechanism of sanctions.
In a constant concern to improve its practices and adapt to the challenges of its operating contexts, it has been decided to strengthen the third-party vetting component of its Investigation Unit within the Transparency, Compliance and Investigation department.
Position context and key challenges
As part of the Investigation Unit, the need of a AML/CFT vetting intern has been identified. The person will be in charge, under the supervision of the Investigation Manager, Vetting Officer and under the direction of the ACTED Group Transparency, Compliance and Investigation Director, of implementing the screening process. The AML/CFT vetting intern will:
· Contribute to the first level of screening of ACTED third parties, check the data received for screening is comprehensive and accurate.
· Contribute to enhanced due diligence on potential matches under management’s supervision.
· Coordinate monthly reporting of new third parties entered into software and contribute to reporting on the level of implementation of the screening process.
· Assist in providing training sessions, materials, and ad hoc support to users of the software.
Key roles and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Investigation Manager and vetting officer:
1. Ensure the reception and adequate quality of the databases for each department and mission of ACTED;
2. Contribute to review the first level of matches with any sanctions lists, and escalate those that cannot be cleared;
3. Perform ad-hoc search in the screening software upon request;
4. Contribute to initial investigations on potential hits; analyze information relating to sanctioned individuals and entities;
5. Perform enhanced due diligence using social media, national and international corporate databases and adverse media databases under the supervision of the Vetting officer;
6. Assist in collating on the number of new third parties entered for screening, breakdown of the escalation, etc.
7. Assist in providing training sessions and resources to ACTED’s HQ and field teams;
8. Provide ad hoc support to users of the screening software.
Experience / Training
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in the fields of Political Sciences, International Relations, Law, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or field related to Compliance, Audit, Anti-Money Laundering/Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT), Criminology.
- Experience with sanctions screening software is an asset.
- Knowledge of the AML/CFT regulations.
- Interest, or eager to learn about the regulatory requirements compliance for NGOs.
- Knowledge of KYC processes.
- Proven ability to research and check information.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to undertake analysis and evaluation of large amounts of data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office technology, with strong Excel data analysis skills.
- Experience of maintaining computer based records efficiently.
- Knowledge of third-party screening software, notably of the FinScan Software, is a strong asset.
- Quick learner, highly flexible and adaptive.
- Outstanding personal and professional integrity.
- Results oriented, strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills, particularly in cross-cultural environments.
It Is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of vetting procedures
- Experience of working with confidential and sensitive information
- Fluency in English language.
- Good knowledge of French.
- Knowledge of Arabic is a strong asset
- Monthly salary : 620.60€ nets
- Food Vouchers (9€)
- 50% of transportation costs taken in charge