Deadline: 12 February 2020
U.S. Embassy Amman in collaboration with the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) is seeking proposals for the 2020 Julia Taft Refugee Fund from potential partners working to assist non-Syrian refugees in Jordan. This support is meant to meet low-cost gaps in refugee protection and assistance.
- Minimum Award Amount: $5,000
- Maximum Award Amount: $25,000
Type of activities that can be funded under this program
Below are just a few examples of the kinds of activities that can supported by this grant. Please make sure that there is a strong tie to the local context and that proposed activities build on the competencies / capacity of the proposing organization:
- Improve the mental health of the refugee community.
- Provide a shelter for 150 women and girls who are survivors of gender-based violence (GBV).
- Support livelihood and vocational training program for refugees.
- Train refugees in running small businesses.
- Support health care for persons with disabilities.
- Support a women and girls’ empowerment project for urban refugees.
- The funds are meant to support sustainable (beyond one year) projects that assist non-Syrian refugees in Jordan.
- Consideration for support is given to projects that benefit both populations of concern and their host communities.
- The fund is not meant as an emergency fund.
- Applicants must be a registered organization (e.g.: NGO, community-based organization; faith-based organization).
- Local NGOs will be given priority.
For more information, visit https://jo.usembassy.gov/call-for-proposals-julia-taft-refugee-fund-for-fy-2020/