Deadline: 30 January 2020
Are you an organisation that works internationally to strengthen democracy, freedom of expression and human rights? Do you use media or the arts as a means to bring about positive change? If yes, then apply for the Creative Force Programme.
It is a funding programme for international projects. It is open to Swedish organisations and their partners in their target countries who work through media or the arts to strengthen democracy, human rights and freedom of expression.
Types of Grant
It offers two types of grant:
- Seed Funding is available for carrying out a small project or for preparing a larger project for which applicants plan to seek funding. Applicants and applicants international partner can apply for up to SEK 100,000 for an initiative which must be completed within 12 months of funding being granted (30 April 2021 at latest). They recommend that applicants apply for seed funding before applicants apply for a grant for a larger collaborative project.
- Collaborative Projects are larger projects which should involve knowledge exchange, capacity building or method development. They recommend that applicants apply for this type of grant to scale-up a project which has previously received seed funding. Applicants and applicants international partner can apply for up to SEK 500,000 per 12-month period. A project may last 24 months at most from funding being granted (in other words, applicants can apply for max. SEK 1 million). Twelve-month projects must be completed by 30 April 2021 at latest, 24-month projects by 30 April 2022.
- Any type of organisation which is registered in Sweden.
- Applicants organisation must have been registered for at least one year (for seed funding) or two years (for collaborative projects).
- Applicants must write their application jointly with a partner organisation in one (or more) of the Creative Force target countries (see below).
- In Africa and Middle East & North Africa (MENA): Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
- In Eastern Europe & Turkey: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldavia, Ukraine and Turkey
- Russia: Northwestern Russia
For more information, visit https://si.se/en/apply/funding-grants/creative-force/