Deadline: 22 November 2019
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy, Lome has announced an 2020 U.S. Ambassadors Funds for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) Small Grants Competition to support cultural preservation.
- Floor on Amount of Individual Awards: $10,000.00
- Ceiling on Amount of Individual Awards: $200,000.00
The AFCP 2020 Small Grants Competition supports the preservation of cultural sites, cultural objects and collections, and forms of traditional cultural expression. Appropriate project activities may include:
- In the case of cultural sites: conservation of an ancient or historic building, preservation of an archaeological site, or documentation of cultural sites in a region for preservation purposes
- In the case of cultural objects and collections: conservation needs assessments and treatment, inventory of a collection for conservation purposes, the creation of safe environments for storage or display of collections, or specialized training in the care and preservation of collections
- In the case of forms of traditional cultural expression: documentation and audiovisual recording of traditional music, indigenous languages and dance forms for broad dissemination as the means of teaching and further preserving them, or support for training in the preservation of traditional applied arts or crafts in danger of extinction.
Applications for projects that do one or more of the following will receive additional consideration in FY 2020:
- Support U.S. treaty or bilateral agreement obligations
- Support U.S. Embassy Integrated Country Strategies
- Support disaster risk reduction for cultural heritage in disaster-prone areas
- Support post-disaster cultural heritage recovery
- Preserve World Heritage sites
- Partner, connect with or feed into other ECA programs
Participants and Audiences
Youth organizations, Civil Society groups, and NGOs etc.
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Public and private educational institutions
- For-profit organizations (only if allowed by appropriation – not for PD funds)
- Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://tg.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/220/NOFO-AFCP-Small-Grants.pdf