Deadline: 15 December 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the 2019-20 Direct Assistance Program (DAP) of the Australian Embassy, which is a scheme of competitive funds for the execution of development projects located in Ecuador.
The DAP is aimed at non-profit non-governmental organizations, to assist in the development of small-scale projects that aim to contribute to improving the quality of life of local communities.
To recognize the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women 2019, The Australian Embassy is looking for project proposals that specifically focus on the elimination of violence against women. Violence against women is an obstacle to achieving gender equality, development and the realization of the human rights of women and girls.
Although all women may suffer gender-based violence, there are many risk groups, including indigenous women, ethnic minorities, women with disabilities, refugees, migrants, lesbians, bisexuals, and transsexuals.
Types of Project
To be evaluated, the projects submitted must meet the following characteristics:
- Be oriented to eliminate gender violence
- Be easy to execute and low risk
- The requested amount must be between US $ 7,000 and US $ 20,000 (US dollars) per project
- Organizations that apply for DAP must meet the following requirements:
- Be duly constituted as non-profit non-governmental organizations.
- Have legal personality in Ecuador.
- Have a corporate bank account in the name of the organization .
- To be committed to the development of the community in which they operate, and to demonstrate initiative and capacity in the execution of activities and rendering of expenses in an orderly and transparent manner.
- The DAP has financed projects presented by organizations that have diverse resources, size and trajectory, including projects of large organizations that operate in several countries of the region, as well as projects presented by neighborhood boards, parent centers and women’s associations, among others.
- DAP Program funds are not available to individuals, for-profit organizations, government agencies and / or state and / or municipal entities.
Ineligible Projects, Activities and/or Items
The following projects, activities and / or items are expressly excluded from the DAP:
- Commercial projects
- Direct delivery of funds to the government
- Payment of salaries, fees and / or professional services
- Scholarships or micro loans
- Local university courses or in Australia
- Organization and / or attendance at local conferences or in Australia
- Study trips, air tickets and / or other means of transport
- Organization of sports and / or cultural events (eg championships, recitals, etc.)
- Any type of prize in money and/or in kind
- Administrative expenses, including office rental; payment of services or insurance, including purchase of spare parts; office supplies; food and drinks; maintenance and repairs of administrative equipment; passages; transportation, including tolls, fuel, parking; among others
- Purchase or lease of vehicles, properties or land
- Any expenses related to the inauguration of the project, including launch costs, cocktails, coffee breaks, etc.
- Reminder plate of the support of the Australian Embassy
Applications that include these items will not be considered.
For more information, visit https://chile.embassy.gov.au/sclecastellano/DAPhome.html